Alcohol & Drugs

University of Central Florida has established standards of conduct concerning the possession, sale, serving, and consumption of alcoholic beverages and drugs on the UCF campus. These policies and rules reflect a concern for the health and safety of the campus community and apply to University faculty, student, staff, visitors, and guests.

State of Florida statutes declare that it is unlawful for any person under the age of 21 to possess or consume alcoholic beverages. Consequently, no one under the legal drinking age may consume, distribute or possess alcohol on University properties or as part of any University activity.

It is unlawful to sell, give, serve or permit alcoholic beverages to be served to anyone under 21 years of age. Furthermore, servers can be held criminally responsible and civilly liable for serving to underage patrons.

It is unlawful to be under the influence of, use, possess, distribute, sell, offer, or agree to sell, or represent to sell narcotics, hallucinogens, dangerous drugs, or controlled substances, except as where permitted by prescription or law.

Violations of these laws are dealt with both through the criminal courts and though the Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities. Students found liable are subject not only to criminal prosecution but to administrative sanctions, including permanent expulsion from the University.

Program and Treatment Referral

Programs for treatment and referral here on campus are operated by Student Health Services' Alcohol and Other Drugs Intervention Clinic. Appointments can be made by calling 407-823-2924. Website:

Protect Yourself from Date Rape Drugs

• Never leave your drink unattended. Because they are colorless, date rape drugs can be slipped into any type of beverage.
• Do not accept drinks from anyone but a bartender or server. Try to attend bars or parties with a group of friends, arranging beforehand to watch each other's drinks.
• If you think your drink has been tampered with, seek medical attention immediately and request the hospital conduct toxicology testing.