Established in 1973, the UCF Police Department currently employs approximately 75 sworn law enforcement officers, serving over 63,000 students, 11,000 employees and thousands of visitors every year in an area of more than 2.2 square miles.
The University Police Department will grow with the needs of an expanding metropolitan university. The police department will augment services, not only for commuting students, but for the increasing number of residential students. Through continued documentation, review and planning, the department will be cognizant of the services that are required by the university. Those services will be provided by a well-trained, well-equipped and professional law enforcement department.
In carrying out our stated mission, all members of the department should strive to embrace the following core values:
- Accept responsibility for our actions.
- Exhibit respect of the individual.
- Maintain open lines of communication within both the community and our department.
- Ensure fairness to those we serve and with whom we work.
- Demonstrate a commitment to excellence.
- Solve problems in the community.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to opposing points of view